Woo-hoo! I’ve complained about Sephora’s rewards program, but recently I received an offer for $15.00 off orders of $50.00 or more. If your order is at the baseline of $50.00, that works out to be 30% off regular priced items – better than Sephora’s twice yearly 15% off for orders of $75.00 or more for Beauty Insiders.
I had been curious about Gucci’s much ballyhooed lipstick launch, but at $42.00, well, that’s too rich for me. However, the $15.00 off gave me incentive to buy Gucci’s Rouge à Lèvres Satin Lipstick (I reached the $50.00 threshold by buying Sephora’s Daily Brush Cleaner). I chose Moira Sienna, which is described as sienna raspberry satin. As the description suggests, the color is somewhat ambiguous. When I tried the lipstick, it seemed that more raspberry than sienna.
- The lipstick leaves a nice gleam after application.
- It’s not particularly lasting (although I don’t expect lipstick to be lasting) but leaves behind a light stain. Top it with a similar shade of lip balm.
- It’s not drying and feels pleasant on the lips.
- Gucci also has Rouge à Lèvres Voile Sheer Lipsticks and Baume à Lèvres Lip Balms in its lineup. I don’t care for mattes, so it’s gratifying to see a lipstick line with no mattes.
- Faithful reproduction of vintage tubes – Gucci gives Gabriela Hernandez and her Bésame lipsticks a run for their money in this department.
- Gucci’s website uses women with the ugliest teeth to model the lipstick. Gucci might think that this is edgy, but I think it’s ugly and unappealing.
- While you can shop Gucci lip color on Sephora’s website now, you’ll have to wait until February 21, 2020 to buy them in store 🙁
- Finally, you can probably find equally good lipsticks for less than $42.00!