Here a few updates on the popular article Asian beauty stores in the DC Metro Area | The Style Page:
eCosway has closed, and I changed the marker to red.
There are still Shiseido and AMORE counters inside Super H in Fairfax. Not only does AMORE carry AMOREPACIFIC brands, but it also carries Missha. The women at the counter told me that the most popular items were sheet masks and BB cream – no surprise there. Here is my recent haul from Amore:
- Missha Stick Eye shadow in Maple Honey
- Missha Deep Sea Water Firming Eye Patch
- Missha Speedy Solution Clearing Gel Eye Patch
- Aritaum The Professional 100% Jelly Cleansing Puff, actually a konjac sponge infused cleansing jelly. It dries out quickly and is prone to mold.
- Mamonde Double Effect Ampoule Mask – Violet Flower Ultra Moisturizing, a two-step product consisting of an ampoule (whatever that is) and a sheet mask.
Because I had been to Super H recently, I changed the marker to green. I turned the other markers to gray, as I can’t vouch for them.
Aritaum describes itself as “the one stop solution for all your beauty needs.” It is a chain of K-#beauty stores whose parent company is AMOREPACIFIC. Some Aritaum stores operate under the AMORE name. Aritaum/AMORE locations are identified by blue diamonds.
According to cosmeticsdesign.com, there are 70 Aritaum stores in the US and Canada, with more store openings planned for this year.