Who took advantage of Ulta’s 20% off sale (prestige brands included) last week? I did. Here’s my mini-haul:
My makeup weaknesses are neutral tone eyeshadow palettes and lipstick (I must have at least 100 lipsticks). These products are what I bought:
- ColourPop Crème Lux Lipstick in LA Lady (rosy terracotta) – creme lipstick is a new offering from ColourPop
- Flesh Fleshy Lips Lipstick in Drool (subdued watermelon) – Fleshy Lips Lipstick is a sheer “your lips but better” lipstick. To read more about Flesh, visit Revlon to launch Flesh makeup at Ulta.
- BareMinerals Gen Nude Neutral Eyeshadow Palette – part of BareMinerals’ extensive Gen Nude collection
- Revlon to launch Flesh makeup at Ulta. (2018, June 01). Retrieved November 2, 2018, from https://thestylepagep2.wordpress.com/2018/06/01/revlon-to-launch-flesh-makeup-at-ulta/
- Ulta Beauty. (n.d.). Retrieved November 2, 2018, from https://www.ulta.com/
- Ulta haul. (2018, October 31). Retrieved November 2, 2018, from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbipzeRRzyw Video created by Cold Cream ‘n’ Roses
- Ulta.com haul [Digital image]. (2018, October 31). Retrieved November 2, 2018, from https://thestylepagep2.files.wordpress.com/2018/10/slide2.png Image created by Cold Cream ‘n’ Roses
MUA Kevin James Bennett posted this to Twitter:
Revlon has a new prestige brand in the works – Flesh
It will launch in late June, and features 40 shades of foundation, in stick packaging.
Linda Wells, the creator of Allure magazine who is now the creative director at Revlon, developed the new brand.… https://t.co/LO8QWIDFCV pic.twitter.com/blFWFcMQ8w
— Kevin James Bennett (@KJBennettBeauty) June 1, 2018
On Instagram, he adds:
In addition to foundation sticks, Flesh will include highlighters, lipstick, and blush — all created to complement a wide range of skin tones.
Flesh will be available online at Ulta Beauty beginning June 24th, and will be on store shelves in July.
- Will Flesh have staying power? I’m thinking in particular about the stunning failure of Vital Radiance, a line that Revlon created for women over 50.
- In the 1990s, Revlon had a line targeted at African-American women: I couldn’t find the name of the line (likewise, I couldn’t find the name of the line for which 1980s teen pop star Tiffany was a model).
- I’m of two minds when it comes to Linda Wells.
- Con: As EIC of Allure, she ostensibly approved a hatchet job on Paula Begoun. Wow – talk about duplicity. The reporter ingratiated herself with Paula.
- Pro: Allure was apolitical when she was EIC.