Nonetheless, here are seven skin care products that I enjoy using:
2. Lisa Hoffman Beauty A & C Serum goes on slick and oily, but when you wake up in the morning, your skin is soft. I also like her Day Cleanser, which I use at night. I have never understood the purpose of washing the skin both morning and night.
I received a treasure trove of Lisa Hoffman Beauty skin care products from her former PR rep, but let it lie in the closet: bad 😦 I’m glad that I pulled it out.
3. The Solution by Envision Beauty streamlines skin care. It is designed as a multi-tasking product that replaces night cream, serum, eye cream, and makeup primer. It also advertises itself as a replacement for day cream, but since it’s not rated for SPF, I hesitate to call it a replacement for day cream. The Solution by Envision Beauty is a lightweight lotion that leaves a non-greasy, non-oily finish. This is one of the few samples that I have received that I’ve used to the bottom of the bottle and went back to become a paying customer!
Since I reviewed The Solution by Envision Beauty in April 2009, my skin has become dryer and my skin care needs have changed. I need a richer moisturizer. Nonetheless, I occasionally apply The Solution by Envision Beauty as a lightweight primer before my makeup. Founder Kimberly Snyder has since fashioned herself as a “celebrity nutritionist.”
You may shop The Solution by Envision Beauty at its web site.
4. Better Botanicals Rose Tulsi Toning Mist (“tulsi” is Sanskrit for basil) is not a necessary skin care step, but I love spritzing this fragrant mist on my Beautyblender sponge with it before applying makeup. You may shop Better Botanicals through its web site.
5. Neutrogena Oil-Free Eye Makeup Remover is a dual-phase eye makeup remover. I like dual-phase eye makeup removers so much better than ordinary eye makeup removers, as they do a better job at removing eye makeup. Use after your cleansing routine to remove the last trace of eye makeup. Neutrogena is widely available at drugstores, supermarkets, and big-box stores.
6. DHC Deep Cleansing Oil leaves the skin feeling soft. It removes makeup so thoroughly that you might not need a separate eye makeup remover after using this!
You may shop DHC at its web site.
|MJCare Pearl Essence Mask|
7. Face Mask Sheets are a weekly treat for me. I like kicking back in the reclining chair for 15-20 minutes and listening to music as I wear a face mask sheet. Unfortunately, Walgreen’s is no longer carrying face mask sheets from The Face Shop (Korea). I have not tried SK-II, but there are more inexpensive options. Fortunately for me (don’t hate me! :-), I’m near the Cinderella boutique, which carries a variety of Korean face mask sheets, some for as little as a dollar. Cinderella is located in the courtyard of Lotte Plaza, a huge ethnic supermarket in Chantilly, Virginia. Grocery shopping is a contact sport at Lotte Plaza! 🙂
In a subsequent post, I’ll reveal a product that adds sheen to the skin and protects the skin from the elements. It also adds shine to the hair and smooths flyaways. And it’s 100% natural, food-grade, vegan, and organic! Interested??!!
My slogan at More Than a Pretty Face is “beauty is where you find it.” At one level, that means I search out dollar stores, drug stores, beauty supply stores, mail order catalogues, department stores, specialty stores, and more to discover beauty products. Today I focus on new skin care products sold through Walgreen’s.
Walgreen’s is now discontinuing its European Beauty Collection of skin care brands, which means that people can now buy these products at discount.
The principal product from The Face Shop is a moist mask sheet that you lay over your face for 20 minutes. The mask sheets is available in a variety of different formulas, including botanical solutions.
Equilibra Perlabella Anti-Aging Retinol Face capsules
The principal product from Equilibra is Perlabella, “pearls” or capsules of face serum in different formulas. You may buy packages containing 28 capsules from walgreens.com or Amazon.com. Packets containing seven capsules may be purchased at Walgreen’s stores.