|Leaders Clinic Dr. for Skin 2-step Snail Collagen Filler Mask|
Vegans will go nuts! This treatment contains snail mucus, which the package says is an “elasticity building ingredient.” It’s as slimy as it sounds, but I wake up with such a glow!
Nonetheless, here are seven skin care products that I enjoy using:
2. Lisa Hoffman Beauty A & C Serum goes on slick and oily, but when you wake up in the morning, your skin is soft. I also like her Day Cleanser, which I use at night. I have never understood the purpose of washing the skin both morning and night.
I received a treasure trove of Lisa Hoffman Beauty skin care products from her former PR rep, but let it lie in the closet: bad 😦 I’m glad that I pulled it out.
3. The Solution by Envision Beauty streamlines skin care. It is designed as a multi-tasking product that replaces night cream, serum, eye cream, and makeup primer. It also advertises itself as a replacement for day cream, but since it’s not rated for SPF, I hesitate to call it a replacement for day cream. The Solution by Envision Beauty is a lightweight lotion that leaves a non-greasy, non-oily finish. This is one of the few samples that I have received that I’ve used to the bottom of the bottle and went back to become a paying customer!
Since I reviewed The Solution by Envision Beauty in April 2009, my skin has become dryer and my skin care needs have changed. I need a richer moisturizer. Nonetheless, I occasionally apply The Solution by Envision Beauty as a lightweight primer before my makeup. Founder Kimberly Snyder has since fashioned herself as a “celebrity nutritionist.”
You may shop The Solution by Envision Beauty at its web site.
4. Better Botanicals Rose Tulsi Toning Mist (“tulsi” is Sanskrit for basil) is not a necessary skin care step, but I love spritzing this fragrant mist on my Beautyblender sponge with it before applying makeup. You may shop Better Botanicals through its web site.
5. Neutrogena Oil-Free Eye Makeup Remover is a dual-phase eye makeup remover. I like dual-phase eye makeup removers so much better than ordinary eye makeup removers, as they do a better job at removing eye makeup. Use after your cleansing routine to remove the last trace of eye makeup. Neutrogena is widely available at drugstores, supermarkets, and big-box stores.
6. DHC Deep Cleansing Oil leaves the skin feeling soft. It removes makeup so thoroughly that you might not need a separate eye makeup remover after using this!
You may shop DHC at its web site.
|MJCare Pearl Essence Mask|
7. Face Mask Sheets are a weekly treat for me. I like kicking back in the reclining chair for 15-20 minutes and listening to music as I wear a face mask sheet. Unfortunately, Walgreen’s is no longer carrying face mask sheets from The Face Shop (Korea). I have not tried SK-II, but there are more inexpensive options. Fortunately for me (don’t hate me! :-), I’m near the Cinderella boutique, which carries a variety of Korean face mask sheets, some for as little as a dollar. Cinderella is located in the courtyard of Lotte Plaza, a huge ethnic supermarket in Chantilly, Virginia. Grocery shopping is a contact sport at Lotte Plaza! 🙂
In a subsequent post, I’ll reveal a product that adds sheen to the skin and protects the skin from the elements. It also adds shine to the hair and smooths flyaways. And it’s 100% natural, food-grade, vegan, and organic! Interested??!!
Every now and then, I like to get away from the topic of beauty and write about something else. Here, I’d like to share three series of books that don’t require major commitments of time to reading and that you can readily fit into your purse.
Very Short Introductions
Very Short Introudctions from Oxford University is a series featuring 160 titles that cover topics in history, philosophy, religion, science, and the humanities. These books feature covers with ombre watercolor illustrations and measure 6.8 x 4.2 x 0.5 inches (about 160 pages).
Discoveries is a series of books from publisher Harry N. Abrams, Inc. These books measure 7 x 5 x 0.5 inches and also run about 160 pages. Unlike VSI, however, Discoveries contains many color photographs and other images. A book on Gandhi has other features, such as appendices with his speeches, writings, and commentaries by others.
I found separate kiosks for VSI and Discoveries at a Borders store in St. Louis. You may shop VSI and Discoveries at Amazon.com.
BüK is probably the most unusual series of the three. This series consists of pamphlets that measure 5 x 7 inches and run only about 16-32 pages – according to the web site, reading that can be done in the time it takes to drink a cup of coffee. You have to visit the web site to see the odd selection of titles. BüK even offers its pamphlets as hotel room amenities: imagine! Something other to read than the Gideons Bible!
I found a BüK kiosk at a Whole Paycheck, er, Whole Foods Market in St. Louis, but the kiosk would be ideal for point of purchase at a coffeehouse. And how’s this gift set for Valentine’s Day:
BüK Collector’s Kit I
It features a slipcase featuring six BüKs, a package of Hawaiian-grown and roasted coffee beans, and a bright red mug with the BüK logo.