The Style Page is all about finding beauty in unexpected places: see my past features on Beauty from Aldi and Bed Bath and Beauty. Costco, the members-only warehouse club that can literally take care of you from cradle to grave, has teamed up with makeup artist Lu Camarena Meshulam of LuMESH Cosmetics to market two sets of lip glosses.
Coming from a Latin background, Lu found that finding colors that flattered her skin tone was next to impossible. She had clients of many different ethnicities with the same complaint. Thus, her lip glosses are designed to flatter a variety of skin tones.
The Style Page purchased the blister pack containing the following LuMESH lip glosses:
- Kathlene – Peachy pink that flatters women with fair to medium skin tones. Works on women with Latin, Mediterranean, and light African American skin tones.
- Kim- this looks scary-bright pink in the container, but it’s a light pink. It would lift the complexions of South Asian and Hispanic women.
- Taffi is a universal shade. When light/dark African American women wear it, it appears to look like a beige nude color. I’m of western European heritage, with a light complexion, and Taffi gave me a “like my lips, but only deeper” (and glossier and better) look. It was my favorite shade of the three lip glosses, while Kathlene was my second favorite and Kim was my least favorite. I agree with Bobbi Brown’s advice that the best lip color is about 2 shades deeper than your natural lip color.
There is another blister pack, which contains the following LuMESH lip glosses:
- Min – baby doll frosty pink that suits Fair, and Medium skin tones, particularly Asian skin tones.
- Trischa – shimmery sunset radiance that suits fair and medium skin tones.
- Magaly – shimmery universal shade that suits Fair, Medium, and light African American complexions.
I liked the LuMESH lip glosses. After the initial glossy finish fades, the color remains. Vitamin E makes the lip gloss emollient, and there is a mild non-irritating cooling lip plumper. LuMESH lip glosses are free of parabens, phthalates, sulfates, and synthetic fragrance. Plus, each lip gloss tube has a mirror on it – very convenient. Just don’t forget to remove the protective film!
A list of Costco locations that carry LuMESH lip glosses is available on request; however, I found my set at a Costco that wasn’t listed. LuMESH is not available on Costco.com.